General Admissions Information
INFORMATION FOR 2013 –2014 SCHOOL YEAR
Morning Star School is a Catholic Diocesan school which challenges students with learning disabilities and other related difficulties to succeed at their optimal level while creating readiness for growth, service and sharing God’s love in the global Community.
Morning Star School is an environment where each student’s uniqueness is valued. The student’s self-esteem is enhanced in a nurturing, supportive setting which provides opportunities for students to grow spiritually, academically, socially, emotionally, and physically.
The actual cost of educating a student at Morning Star School, for the 2013-2014 school year, is approximately $16,000. This cost is covered by tuition, fund-raising activities and the Diocese of St. Petersburg.
The annual tuition rate for 2013 – 2014 is: $10,750
If you are a supporting Catholic, not receiving Step Up for Students or the McKay Scholarship, your family may apply for a tuition grant of $500, for the 2013 - 2014 school year. Complete a Grant application, and have a "Supporting Catholic Verification" form signed and completed by your Pastor and returned to the school office. Upon receipt of these signed forms, your family will be considered for the tuition Grant.
While tuition does not cover the total cost of a student's education, it still represents a great sacrifice for many. Scholarships are available, but limited. Families who are in need of financial assistance must submit a tuition assistance form and a copy of their most recent 1040 tax form. Tuition assistance forms may be requested from the office.
Tuition for the school year is paid to “Smart Tuition” in 10 equal installments, from August 10th through May 10th. There is a $45.00 processing fee added to the first installment. Also acceptable is an annual payment or payment by semester.
- Initial Registration fee - $200.00
- Academic/Activity fee - $475.00, which includes book rental, consumable texts, art/library testing materials, student insurance, technology materials, yearbook, activity fees and various consumable supplies.
- Parent Auxiliary fee - $25.00
PHYSICALS ARE REQUIRED ANNUALLY.
- School Hours – 7:55 a.m. – 2:45 p.m.
- Lunches: Available at Most Holy Redeemer cafeteria or bring your own.
- Uniforms: School uniforms can be purchased from Sunshine School Uniforms @ Caverne Home Design Plaza; 8340 W. Hillsboro Ave.; Tampa, FL 33615; 813-414-0256.
- An Extended Day Program is available on the School grounds until 6:00p.m. The rate is $50.00 per week or $15.00 a day.