gENERAL ADMISSIONS INFORMATION for 2017-2018 school year:
Morning Star School is a Catholic Diocesan school which challenges students with learning disabilities and other related difficulties to succeed at their optimal level while creating readiness for growth, service and sharing God’s love in the Global Community.
Morning Star School is an environment where each student’s uniqueness is valued. The student’s self-esteem is enhanced in a nurturing, supportive setting which provides opportunities for students to grow spiritually, academically, socially, emotionally, and physically.
The actual cost of educating a student at Morning Star School, for the 2017-2018 school year, is approximately $17,500. This cost is covered by tuition, fundraising activities and the Diocese of St. Petersburg.
The annual tuition rate for the 2017–2018 school year is: $11,800
If you are a supporting member of a Catholic church in the Diocese of St. Petersburg, not receiving Step Up for Students or the McKay Scholarship, your family may apply for a tuition grant of $500 for the 2017 - 2018 school year. Complete a Grant application, and have a "Supporting Catholic Verification" form signed and completed by your Pastor and returned to the school office. Upon receipt of these signed forms, your family will be considered for the tuition Grant.
While tuition does not cover the total cost of a student's education, it still represents a great sacrifice for many. Scholarships are available, but limited. Families who are in need of financial assistance must submit a tuition assistance form and a copy of their most recent 1040 tax form and W-2(s). Tuition assistance forms may be requested from the office.
Tuition for the school year is paid to “FACTS Management Company” in 10 equal installments, from August through May. There is a $36.00 yearly processing fee that is billed upon completion of the account set-up. They also accept an annual payment or payment by semester at a reduced processing fee.
Initial Registration fee: $200.00
Academic/Activity fee: $600.00, which includes book rental, consumable texts, art/library testing materials, student insurance, technology materials, yearbook, activity fees and various consumable supplies.
Parent Auxiliary fee: $25.00
PHYSICALS ARE REQUIRED ANNUALLY. Immunization records are required upon initial enrollment in the school and prior to entering Junior High or at age 12 years, due to an additional immunization that is required at that time. Religious Exemptions for immunizations are not accepted.
- School Hours: 7:55 a.m. – 2:45 p.m. Junior High is dismissed at 3:00 p.m.
- Lunches: At the present time, hot lunches are not available, so you must bring your own lunch.
- Uniforms: School uniforms must be purchased from Risse Brothers School Uniforms located at 4228 N. Armenia Ave., Tampa, FL 33607; Phone: 813-282-8338.
- An Extended Day Program is available on the School grounds until 6:00 p.m. The rate is $50.00 weekly or $15.00 daily. A penalty is charged for late pick up ($10 for every 15 mins. past 6:00 p.m.). ALL students will be sent to Extended Day at 3:15 p.m. (NO EXCEPTIONS). If a student is picked up by 4:00 p.m. sharp, the charge will be $5.00.
- Morning supervision begins at 7:15 a.m. Any student arriving earlier will be charged $1.00 per day.