gENERAL ADMISSIONS INFORMATION for 2018-2019 school year:
Morning Star School is a Catholic Diocesan school which challenges students with learning disabilities and other related difficulties to succeed at their optimal level while creating readiness for growth, service and sharing God’s love in the Global Community.
Morning Star School is an environment where each student’s uniqueness is valued. The student’s self-esteem is enhanced in a nurturing, supportive setting which provides opportunities for students to grow spiritually, academically, socially, emotionally, and physically.
The actual cost of educating a student at Morning Star School, for the 2018-2019 school year, is approximately $15,500. This cost is covered by tuition, fundraising activities and the Diocese of St. Petersburg.
The annual tuition rate for the 2018–2019 school year is: $11,900
If you are a supporting member of a Catholic church in the Diocese of St. Petersburg, not receiving Step Up for Students, the McKay Scholarship or the Gardiner PLSA Scholarship, your family may apply for a tuition grant of $500, for the 2018 - 2019 school year. Complete a Grant application, and have a "Supporting Catholic Verification" form signed and completed by your Pastor and returned to the school office. Upon receipt of these signed forms, your family will be considered for the tuition Grant.
While tuition does not cover the total cost of a student's education, it still represents a great sacrifice for many. Scholarships are available, but limited. Families who are in need of financial assistance must submit an application for tuition assistance. The forms must be requested from the office and completed by March 5th.
Tuition for the school year is paid to “FACTS Tuition Management" in 10 equal installments, from August through May. There is a $38.00 yearly processing fee that is billed upon completion of the account set-up. They also accept an annual payment or payment by semester at a reduced processing fee.
Intake Interview fee: $150.00
Initial Registration fee: $200.00
Academic/Activity fee: $600.00, which includes book rental, consumable texts, art/library testing materials, student insurance, technology materials, yearbook, activity fees and various consumable supplies. Students can purchase a P.E. Bag for $10.00.
Parent Auxiliary fee: $25.00
PHYSICALS and Immunization records are required upon initial enrollment in the school. An updated Immunization record is required prior to entering Junior High, due to an additional immunization that is required at that time. Religious Exemptions for immunizations are not accepted.
- School Hours: 7:55 a.m. – 2:45 p.m. Junior High is dismissed at 3:00 p.m.
- Morning supervision begins at 7:30 a.m. Any student arriving earlier than 7:15 AM will be charged $1.00 per day.
- Lunches: Bring from home. A “cold” lunch is preferred to one that needs to be microwaved.
- Uniforms: School uniforms can be purchased from Risse Brothers School Uniforms located at 4228 N. Armenia Ave., Tampa, FL 33607; Phone: 813-282-8338.
- An Extended Day Program is available on the School grounds until 6:00 p.m. The rate is $50.00 weekly or $15.00 daily. A penalty is charged for late pick up ($10 for every 15 mins. past 6:00 p.m.). ALL students will be sent to Extended Day at 3:15 p.m. (NO EXCEPTIONS). If picked up by 4:15 p.m., the charge will be $5.00.