WHY INVEST IN THE CHILDREN OF MORNING STAR SCHOOL?
The elementary and junior high age children attending Morning Star School are typically of average or above average intelligence. Yet, they usually have one or more diagnosed learning disabilities that make it more difficult for them to receive, process, store and respond to information. Some students also have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), which makes it harder for them to concentrate and focus on specific tasks.
MORNING STAR SCHOOL 2015 – 2016 WISH LIST
Please help us provide the resources listed below to assist our teachers, students and staff. Where possible, an approximate cost for the item(s) requested is noted. Thank you to all who help us obtain these needed resources.
Tuition, Technology, Staffing, Curriculum and Maintenance Needs:
- IXL Math Program Annual Subscription Service for the entire school ($1,500 per year)
- Catholic Foundation Match Grant Program for tuition assistance*
- Laptops and Applications for students and teachers ($550 Each)
- (2) Wireless Printers ($250 Total)
- (1) Television for Classroom ($300 Total)
- Music Outreach Instructor / Patel Conservatory ($7,500 Total)
- Full-time Teacher Aides ($15,000 Each)
- Sponsor a Child’s Education for One Year ($11,500 Total)
- Garden Tool Shed ($1,000 Total)
- Garden Soil for Vegetable Boxes - In Kind Bags of Soil or Financial Donation ($500 Total)
- Faster Internet Service (Paid by Parent Group Funds)
*All Donations designated for “tuition assistance” on the memo line of a check and received by December 31, 2015, will be matched 1-to-1 by The Catholic Foundation of St. Petersburg until a total of $5,250 in Matching Funds is attained.
Current fundraising Efforts
The following three fundraising campaigns are under way at this time to help us meet our needs in the areas of assistive technology, special education materials and tuition assistance. Please let us know if you are interested in helping us to meet the needs of our students. We greatly appreciate your support.
- GoFundMe Campaign to raise $8,200 to purchase 20 iPad Mini’s. With 20 more of these assistive technology devices, we will have approximately one iPad for every 2 students. The iPads have proven to be great classroom tools that enhance the learning process.
- The 31st Annual Morning Star School Golf Classic took place on Thursday, October 22, 2015 at the Tournament Players Club of Tampa Bay. It is a key fundraiser that enables us to raise money for our school and the families that we serve. Below is a link to a Sponsor Form if you would still like to make a donation for the recent tournament.
- The Catholic Foundation Matching Grant Program is underway. The Catholic Foundation of St. Petersburg will match donations made to Morning Star School for “Tuition Assistance” until their $5,250 matching fund allocation for our school is achieved. This matching grant program ends December 31, 2015 and will enable us to raise an additional $10,500 for “Tuition Assistance”.
If you are interested in making a donation to our recent Golf Classic, please contact Paul Reed at Preed@morningstartampa.org.